We bundled that book with a promotion for new subscribers to purchase an annual Total Access Pass subscription to Bucknuts.com/Bucknuts The Magazine.
That exciting promotion ended weeks ago. But, by popular demand, Scout.com resumed it for one week only. That week ends TODAY!
For monthly subscribers who upgrade to annual or for new annual subscribers, we are pleased again to announce that Scout is including a free copy of this special 80-page book as part of the ongoing promotion.
The promotion also already includes a full year of Sports Illustrated!
That's right: You can have a free copy of this special book ($19.95 value) if you start a new Bucknuts.com Total Access Pass annual subscription or current monthly subscribers can get it by upgrading to the annual level.
For the time being, there will be NO single copy sales of this special book. It is only available as part of this special promotion geared toward new subscribers or those who upgrade from monthly to the annual level.
New subscribers who purchase an annual Total Access Pass for $99 by the end of business on today, Oct. 2, will receive:
* A one-year subscription to Bucknuts.com and also to Bucknuts The Magazine (10 issues).
* A free copy of "The Greatest Game Ever Played," a book by Steve Helwagen on the 2003 Fiesta Bowl ($19.95 value).
* A full year (56 issues) of Sports Illustrated ($39.95 value) is included as part of your Annual Total Access Pass.
* And a $15 gift certificate to WhatIfSports.com.
By beginning a one-year Total Access Pass subscription to Bucknuts.com by next Monday, you receive access to all premium news content on this site as well as the entire Scout.com network. That includes all of OSU's opponents for the coming year as well as the Scout site devoted to your favorite NFL team.
Plus, you gain access to our premium Ask The Insiders message board -- the best forum for discussion of OSU athletics on the Internet.
You also gain access to our weekly Chat sessions with Steve Helwagen and Gary Housteau as well as regular Chats with NevadaBuck, Duane Long, Kyle Lamb and other special guests.
You also receive 10 issues of Bucknuts The Magazine, one of the fastest growing college sports fan magazines in the country.
The first issue of Bucknuts The Magazine you would receive would be our December basketball preview edition, due out in mid-November.
If billed monthly, access to Bucknuts.com costs $120. Bucknuts magazine subscriptions, if sold separately, are priced at $39.95. Plus, you have $75 worth of goodies (SI, the Fiesta Bowl book and WhatIfSports.com) included with this special deal.
That is now a $235 value that you can have right now for $99.
IMPORTANT (PLEASE READ): To be eligible for the Fiesta Bowl book, you must enter the code FIESTA in the entry for Offer Code at the bottom of the subscription page.
You can click this link for the subscription page:
Regarding The Book
Bucknuts managing editor Steve Helwagen has spent much of the last four years working on this book on OSU's double overtime win over Miami at the Fiesta Bowl. He has interviewed more than three dozen players and coaches and has comments from those on both sides of this landmark game.
Of course, some portions of this special book were published in various editions of Bucknuts The Magazine over the past couple of years.
But this special book packages all of those chapters – all of which have been revised, updated and lengthened -- into one piece. Plus, there are a ton of great photos and other features.
Here is an outline on this special book, "The Greatest Game Ever Played:"
* In the introduction, Helwagen outlines why this Fiesta Bowl was the greatest game ever played.
* Chapter 1 centers on Ohio State's regular season and the push toward the national title game. Chapter 2 has a look at Miami's season.
* In Chapter 3, Helwagen recounts the weeks leading up to the national championship game, including the flap over Maurice Clarett's desire to return home to Ohio to attend a friend's funeral. Plus, we have excerpts from OSU coach Jim Tressel's final press conference before the game.
* Chapter 4 provides complete play-by-play coverage of the first quarter, where Miami struck for first blood.
* In Chapter 5, Helwagen outlines the pivotal second quarter. OSU capitalized on a spate of Miami turnovers to take a 14-7 halftime lead.
* Chapter 6 examines the third quarter, where Miami inched closer.
* In Chapter 7, the fourth quarter of the game is outlined – right down to the final play field goal that sent the national title game into overtime.
* Chapter 8 goes into great detail on the first overtime period, which was marked by a pair of fourth-down conversions by the Buckeyes. The second of those was the controversial pass interference penalty that gave OSU a fresh set of downs.
* In Chapter 9, Helwagen looks at OSU's quick scoring drive in the second overtime as well as the defense's amazing goal line stand that paved the way for the school's first national championship in 34 years.
* Chapter 10 chronicles the chaotic scene on the field at Sun Devil Stadium after OSU's impromptu win over Miami. Helwagen also shares excerpts from Tressel's postgame press conference and comments from the players on their special celebration back at the team hotel.
* In Chapter 11, Helwagen examines the weeks and months that followed the national championship game as the Buckeyes were honored at Ohio Stadium, an OSU basketball game and made a trip to the White House.
* In Chapter 12, Helwagen shares his view on the top 20 games in Ohio State football history, plus he looks at 20 more that could have easily cracked the list.
* Chapter 13 includes analysis from CollegeFootballNews.com's Pete Fiutek on the greatest college football games ever played as well as the greatest finishes in college football history.
* Chapter 14 contains all of the facts and figures from this special game, including the final box score, the OSU roster, bowl scores from both teams, match-ups between No. 1 and No. 2 teams and much more.
* Chapter 15 is a special chapter. Helwagen shares excerpts from some of Tressel's best moments from his first two years as the OSU coach. This includes snippets from his introductory press conference, his speech at the OSU-Michigan basketball game (the 310-day speech), his speech to the Ohio high school coaches association, his comments at his first Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon ("it's not about the ball") and his speech to the American Football Coaches Association in the days following the Fiesta Bowl win. These are special moments in OSU football history that we have preserved for you in this book.
* Helwagen also has a look at OSU's previous national championship teams.
* And Mr. Bucknuts weighs in with the Epilogue. His column from the days following the Fiesta Bowl is reprinted and he relives the emotional roller coaster as the Buckeyes claimed the national championship.
Helwagen explains the title and premise of this one-of-a-kind OSU keepsake.
"It's real simple," he said. "Never has a game that meant that much been so good."
Again, for the time being, there are no copies of this book available for single copy purchase. It is only available as part of this special promotion geared toward new annual subscribers and those who upgrade from monthly to the annual Total Access Pass level.
And this is offer is only good through Mon., Oct. 2, so act NOW!
And, remember, to be eligible for the Fiesta Bowl book, you must enter the code FIESTA in the entry for Offer Code at the bottom of the subscription page.
Click this link for subscription information: