Scout 300 Prospects
1. L.J. Scott, RB, Hubbard
2. Justin Hilliard, LB, Cincinnati St. Xavier
3. Hjalte Froholdt, DE, Warren Harding
4. Eric Glover-Williams, RB, Canton McKinley
5. Jerome Baker, OLB, Cleveland Benedictine
6. Shaun Crawford, CB, Lakewood St. Edward
7. Darrin Hall, RB, Austintown Fitch
8. Anthony McKee, OLB, Walnut Ridge
9. C.J. Conrad, TE, Keystone
10. Matt Jones, OT, Hubbard
11. David Dowell, WR, Lakewood St. Edward
12. Chris Green, MLB, Toledo Central Catholic
13. Chris Fobbs, CB, Miamisburg
14. Tyree Kinnel, CB, Huber Heights Wayne
15. Andrew Dowell, RB, Lakewood St. Edward
16. Christopher Young, S, Miamisburg
- Some may be surprised to see the Miamisburg duo on the list, but both are kids who we expect to increase their recruiting interest over the next year. Fobbs is a fantastic athlete that Scout's Ohio analyst Dave Berk calls a "freak." He's a 6'1 kid with length and the ability to play corner and that will make him a hot commodity moving forward. Young is 6'2, long, athletic safety. He's smooth, has good instincts and ball skills.
- The Dowell brothers are on here based on their camp season and what we think they will do on the field this year. They've waited their turn at St. Eds and now their time has come. A lot of eyes will be on them this fall.
- C.J. Conrad is a kid beginning to see a spike in his recruitment. He's a big kid who can split out and go get the football and he will create some mismatches at the next level.
- Anthony McKee is a kid who stood out on tape with his speed to the football and athleticism. He still has weight to add, but he has the long, lean frame to do that.
- Tyree Kinnel is a high school corner who we see growing into a safety. After a good high school season, he impressed us at Ohio State'S Friday Night Lights.
Others to Watch
Some of the next guys we have our eyes on include Lorain DE Rashod Berry, Dublin Scioto LB Nick Conner, OLB, Winton Woods' OL-DL George Brown, Moeller DT Elijah Taylor, and Jackson OLB Reagan Williams.
Glenville has several prospects as well including LB Matt Draper, LB-WR Milen Golden and WR Trevon Story. We will be watching all three closely this fall after they turned in good summers.
A couple offensive linemen to remember are Westerville South's Rob Dowdy, who holds several BCS offers, Hamilton Ross' Simon Stepaniak and Warren Harding's James Daniels. One kid popping up who may end up as a high BCS prospect is Kenton offensive tackle Larry Wells.
Kettering Alter's Kraig Howe is a kid we liked on tape. An injury slowed down his summer, but he still managed to add his first BCS offer from Illinois.
Trotwood Madison always has prospects and defensive back Kei Beckham, running back Harrison Johnson and OL Bruce Hinton are in their next crop.
Galion's LaCario Davison, a 6'2, 195-pound wideout who may play linebacker in college, missed time with an injury, but we hear he still may be close to a Big Ten offer.
One kid who looked good on tape as well was Cincinnati Hughes' speedy Le'Von McCants, who could be a running back or defensive back at the next level.
Reggie Rogers, now at Massillon Washington, and Holland Springfield's Charles Smith are two safeties we've been following for a couple years and have opportunities to add more offers this season.